Description of the eye examination
We are registered with The General Optical Council (GOC) & The Association of Optometrists (AOP) and approved by the NHS.
All our eye tests are NHS funded and FREE for anyone who cannot visit a high street optician unassisted due to a physical or mental disability.
We bring the equipment to you and transform your home
Our eye health checks include:
* Checking spectacle prescription
* Retinal health check using wherever possible the latest portable photography of the retina.
This also includes:
* Screening for Glaucoma, Cataract, Macula Degeneration
* Screening for systematic disorders such as Diabetes and blood pressure problems.
If glasses are required:
* Clients can choose from over 150 glasses which are measured and can be ordered on the day
* Glasses are delivered and fitted within two weeks by an Optometrist
* We have chosen to partner with Rodenstock, a German lens manufacturer, pioneers in visual precision with the highest technical standards since 1877
Additionally, we work closely with local GPs and eye clinics to ensure direct referrals including for cataracts and macular degeneration whenever possible.
The NHS covers the full cost of an eye test for anyone who qualifies for a home visit. If eligible, the NHS will also give an optical voucher towards the cost of glasses.